Three topics of interest I studied in Contemporary Diet and Nutrition were:
- Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs)
- Food Allergies
- Dietary Guidelines
Contemporary Nutrition is not a diet but a lifestyle change. Know what to eat, when to eat, and how to eat are key factors to a successful diet.
GMO (Genetically Modified Food)
- Genetically Engineered Foods
Wax, E. (2014, October 28). Genetically engineered foods. Retrieved from http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002432.htm
- Genetically Engineered Foods http://www.fda.gov/food/foodscienceresearch/biotechnology/ucm346030.htm. Retrieved July 20, 2015
- (2003). The safety of genetically modified foods produced through biotechnology.Toxicological Sciences,71(1), 2-8. Retrieved from http://toxsci.oxfordjournals.org/content/71/1/2.full
- Cutler, E. (2010).The food allergy cure: A new solution to food cravings, obesity, depression, headaches, arthritis, and fatigue. New York: Three Rivers Press.
Food Allergy Research and Education
- Food allergy research and education. (2015). Retrieved from https://www.foodallergy.org/laws-and-regulations/current-issues
Super Food Tracker
- (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/foodtracker.aspx
- Rahavi, E. (2015). Updating the dietary guidelines for americans: Status and looking ahead.Journal of the Academy , 115(2), 180-182. Retrieved from http://www.andjrnl.org/article/S2212-2672(14)01770-5/abstract